Wednesday 9 February 2011

editing and students

Right. I started this blog to help me deal with some of the stressful things I might encounter during my A/E work. I have not, however, had any A/E shifts. As a result, it has become instead a vent of things on my brain that would normally get dumped on a friend during a loud 40 min phone call.

This may have something to do with the fact that it's badly written and in need of tidying up. A kind friend has offered (I think it was driving her nuts) to edit it for me when she has time to. Sorry if posts change and become more readable.

I am a student. It says this on my work shirt in big yellow embroidery. I attend university and learn stuff from books. I could get an nus card but (maybe due to my studentness) have been to lazy to sort it out.
I don't pay council tax but still moan about being skint.

In spite of all this and the fact I would consider myself a big lefty, I didn't go on the student protests. I didn't march on any public buildings and get a bit over excited or join a sit in at my university, sleeping under tables and eating pot noodles and weeing in sinks.

I didn't do these things, not because I didn't want to, but because I would have been thrown off my course and black balled from the ambulance service. My name would have been put in the big book of shame along with that guy who shagged his patients mother and the chap who touched up a patient and explained it to her as a "clinical method used to relax" (only joking he's still working for the service..no really, he is).

Were we told from day one, "Step out of line and that's it. You're gone." "We are watching", and they mean it. Three students have been removed from courses around the UK just for writing things on Facebook. One for just for appearing in her uniform? (and not in a sexy way).

It seems like with everything, at the beginning you need to tread carefully, keep your nose clean and kiss lots of arse. My mentor and lecturers have told me once I am in the service I'm in. I pretty much have to steal a baby, fill it full of morphine, then sell it out of the back of an ambulance to a local skaghead, one who is prepared to use her body as part payment, and let me video it, so I can play it back on the TVs at A/E on a Saturday night. Even then I would end up working on PTS on double my salary.

So when I heard that Nick Clegg was to face students tonight I did feel like justice was going to be done. The only students they will let meet that lying two-faced shit monkey are the ones like me: either somebody's got their balls in their hands or clean nose little boring bastards that wouldn't say smuggle a dozen eggs up their arse just so they could throw them at his puffy car-salesman wax-work face.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment