Monday 31 January 2011

Shit awful night

I wanted to add to the below blog but wrote it later I will leave this here.

The home I worked in was dirty and smelt by 4pm the back corridors smelt like awful. Form early on I found shit on the floor and walls of the toilets which residents would use in bare feet and socks. Some people were left in bed to sleep all day not a problem for you and I after a Saturday night but try weeks of it and the results id ulcers, dehydration, increased confusion and depression. The staff are amazingly caring but seemed poorly trained to deal with these people.

I heard the manager inform me she did not like some of her patients being put on meds to control their moods. Again seems nice hey? However it means the trouble makers almost run the place little old ladys seem to sit in fear of losing their chairs or snacks and staff face violence and abuse.

I downloaded the report for this care home online and all the above points (apart from the shit) were raised but clearly have not be corrected.

I'm not sure what to do?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment