Tuesday 1 February 2011

Subscribe NOW

Stop trying to sell me your life it sounds dull.

Why are people always obsessed with my life being more like theirs?

Backmasked messages stuffed into tracks from Iron Maiden to Cake are meant to have caused everything from suicide, and mass-murder to increased yoghurt sales and yet I seem not to have donned a trench coat and killed my enemies or become lacto-loving. Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) is a controversial approach used in advertising that can apparently allow you to brainwash people into buying any old shit that makes you feel sexy and fulfilled, yet adverts make me feel angry and turned off.  While the BBC and other broadcasters thought the mere sound of an Irish hate field Gothic Cartoon Mouse's voice could cause people  to blow up schools and hospitals, I'm not sure the same can be said for you. Yes, you.

There are many happy couples in my life that I love and respect and wish nothing but the best for. I listen to there couples chit-chat and talk of "when will you find a girl" and "you're just too picky" or  "you always let the best one go" with the kind of reserve that belongs when you know somebody loves and you can forgive them for wanting you to be happy.

My problem came today with the idea, from a group of strangers, that there is no way I could be happy alone and that to be alone for as long as I have means I'm some how broken??? "Put yourself out there", "Make an effort", "Let us set you up".

Mmmm.. how to put this subtly: GO GET FUCKED.

I have no interest in your self-serving in a relationship facebook status, your hop from rock to rock or your just plain denial that you're only with them because you're afraid to be on your own.

  




No comments:

Post a Comment